Monday, August 8, 2011

footprint fire trucks


Wee woo, wee woo. That's what fire engines sound like right? No? Well sounds effects were never really my strong point. Lucky for me this blog is about creating cute crafts to share with you and not teaching you about sound effects :)

This one was pretty fun to make. Claire has fun painting her foot and then playing with the paint and I have fun finishing it off. It's a win win situation. This extra details would be lovely painted on, but I just like paper. I had to draw the line at cutting the ladder out of paper though. I made Simon's engine #1 since he's just a year old, and Claire's #3, because she's 3. I used white paper to cut the door and window. I used red, yellow and orange to cut out shapes for the lights. Then I just added a few other decorative details to the engine.

If you make these with your little ones leave me a comment so I can check them out.



14 comments:

  1. How cute! Thanks so much for sharing! We have a close friend who is a fireman, and I know he would love this.


    I'd love to have you visit our first linky party this Thursday! It's a party specifically for kids and teenagers craft and other ideas, so your idea will be absolutely perfect! Hope you'll stop by!

    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this so very much..how creative :)
    Lina
    Fancy Frugal life

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool. I sent the link to our pre-school team at school as I think the kids would have so much fun with this during Fire Prevention week! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a very creative idea. Am expecting a baby in 2months and am all excited to use this idea to make a keep sake of those little foot prints.
    Also, once am home....am sure to try this with my nephew and niece who did be super excited too......thanks for sharing the idea!!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen such great footprint art! Found this on Pinterest and I am definetly repinning! Do you think my 8 yrold will still want to do this?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I'm linking to your post from a fire-themed preschool post that will be published on my blog later today. Hope that's okay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! I loved doing footprint crafts with my boys when they were littler. We did lots of holiday things but I never thought to something as big as a firetruck...maybe because I stopped making them before their feet got that big:) Stopping by from TT&J.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable project! My boys are always wishing I'd let them dip their feet when they finger paint, so this will go over well around my house!

    ReplyDelete
  9. how creative & adorable. I LOVE hand & footprint crafts!

    Would love to invite you to share some of your kid friendly ideas on my child centered linky party - the Sunday Showcase - http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com/search/label/Sunday%20Showcase

    Bernadette

    ReplyDelete
  10. To that end continues to conduct research on potential product hazards.
    chandler fire systems

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this. Going to try to do this with my prek class!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My pre-k class had such a great time doing this!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...