Wednesday, March 30, 2011

cupcake toppers and more!

 Not sure what to do with the chicks and bunnies that I made earlier in the week? Don't want them just hanging out in a bucket or jar? No problem. I've come up with a few other ways that you could use them. Use them as cupcake toppers. It's a fast and easy way to decorate those cupcakes for Easter.

 The next few ideas would be especially great if you're having an Easter brunch or get together. I used the bunny to make a bag topper for this bag of treats. The best part is that it seriously took less than three minutes to make. I just cut a scrap of purple paper and folded it in half. I cut a piece of ribbon and glued it on the the paper. Then I used 2 pop up dots to secure the bunny to the paper. Now, had I been able to find my stapler I would have stapled it onto the bag, but instead I just used tape.

Claire really liked this idea and it was probably the easiest one yet. I just punched a hole on the top and bottom of the chick and threaded the straw through the holes. Chocolate milk anyone?


How about using the chicks and bunnies to make some place cards for brunch. Who wouldn't like these? I used pop up dots to secure the bunny and chick onto these cards too. I also used some old rub ons that I had hanging around my stash to write the names.


Linking up with:Skip to my Lou & Be Different Act Normal & Somewhat Simple & Tatertots and Jello & So You Think You're Crafty & Sun Scholars

7 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the cupcake toppers and the straws.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are VERY cute! Just stopped by to wish you a Happy Birthday!!!

    And then saw these... lovely! Come and link them to the weely Kids Get Crafty party? http://www.redtedart.com/2011/03/30/kids-get-crafty-spring-picture-march-calendar/

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just perfect for spring! Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word!! The place cards are simply precious! So so cute. :) Very creative. Visiting from Tatertots and Jello. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything tastes better with a straw - let alone a straw with a cute chick on it!!!! Precious! I love everything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great!!! How simple, yet so sweet!

    Thanks for sharing this at last week's For the Kids Friday Link Party! This week's party is in full swing. I'd love to have you stop by and join in on the fun!

    http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/04/for-kids-friday-6.html

    :)rachel

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...