Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Best Banana Muffins EVER.


I love love love banana muffins. I have spent years looking for the perfect recipe for them. Every time I would pick up a magazine I would rip out the recipes for banana muffins, and time and time again I was disappointed with them. Then, one unsuspecting day, I was visiting my Dad and his wife Olga, and I had the most delicious banana muffin. Olga had the perfect recipe. I left that day with the recipe, and I haven't tried another recipe for banana muffins since then. It's so simple to make. Try it- you won't be disappointed.

Banana Muffins
 

1 cup sugar
1½ cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ cup butter, melted
2 eggs
3 bananas, mashed
 
Combine sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. 
Stir in butter, eggs and bananas. Mix until combined well.
Spoon into muffin cups and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes.
Makes 16-18 muffins.























Also, on an unrelated note- have you all discovered the fabulousness of pinterest? It is SOOOO awesome. If you have- you can follow me here. You can request an invite to join the site- it took less than a week for my sister and I to receive ours. Can't wait to see what you start pinning!

Linking up with:Skip to my LouTatertots and Jello & It's a Hodgepodge Life

13 comments:

  1. First I have to tell you you rock at picture taking! All your posts! These look so yummy, maybe you could share this on our blog one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything with bananas. I'll have to try this.
    Stopping by from the t&j linky!

    Ellie
    http://homestitched.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so delicious and your photos are so clean and fresh looking. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious thanks for sharing the recipe tina x x http://scratchycatcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me again :) I am featuring your banana muffins today. Thanks so much for sharing. I know that all my readers are going to love your yummy recipe!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have changed my life with this recipe! Thank YOU so very much. I too have been in search of the perfect recipe for years and have never been satisfied with any recipe till you posted yours -- this is perfectly moist and perfect in every way - THANK YOU- THANK YOU - THANK YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be trying this recipe tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to try this. I am always in search of the perfect recipe and still haven't found the perfect banana muffin one... Maybe this is my lucky day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will definitely be giving these a try as we always seem to have bananas that have "gone too far" (grin). Just found your blog and am now a follower. So very nice to meet you! Stop by my blog sometime and give me a shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can never get Banana muffins to turn out right I'll be trying these....your newest follower....

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this recipe! I have tried out various changes (eg. Combo of white & wholemeal flour, and sometimes oats, then adding yogurt for extra moisture, adding dried fruit or choc. chips, adding cinnamon and mixed spice, reducing the sugar) It's turns out great basically everytime! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lila,
    Here's my healthy hack for this recipe. No sugar, much more fibre, less fat, and it is really good, but it won't be (nearly) as yummy as the original:
    Replace all sugar with: 1/2 cup applesauce+ 1/2 cup date paste + 2 tsp vanilla
    Replace all flour with: 1/5 cups whole wheat flour + 1 cup fine quick oats (the extra volume will help with the extra liquid from the sugar replacement)
    Replace 1/4 cup butter with 1/4 cup lukewarm water with 2 tsp chia seeds soaked for 15 minutes. I promise you won't see/taste the chia seeds and it gives a nice gelatinous texture that you don't get with fruit replacement. Alternately, add an extra banana for 1/4 cup butter, or replace all butter with 1/4 cup mashed ripe avocado.

    Here's a cute infographic I use regularly:
    http://greatist.com/health/healthy-baking-recipe-substitutions-infographic

    Also, best brownie recipe ever:

    1/2 cup butter
    2 unsweetened baker's chocolate squares
    (melt together in microwave in 20 second increments, stirring between)
    add in:
    1 cup sugar, 1tsp vanilla. Then beat in 2 eggs
    stir in 3/4 cup flour until well incorporated and pinch salt
    Pour in 1 cup (or more to taste) chocolate chips

    Bake in greased 8inch square pan at 350 for 20 minutes (+/- 2-5 minutes depending on oven and how chewy you like your brownies. Also, decrease time by at least 3 minutes for convection oven.)
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oops...in the last post the 1/5 whole wheat flour was supposed to be 1.5 cups. Cheers
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...